Similar to the Crochet Donkey Lovey pattern, this Crochet Zebra Lovey is made from a combination of my granny square pattern and Amigurumi Today’s crochet zebra pattern.
The Crochet Zebra Lovey is an easy make using fingering weight yarn. This makes for a light, airy and detailed crochet piece suitable for babies of all ages.
Get this Crochet Zebra Lovey Pattern
- Pattern: Keep scrolling for the FREE version of this crochet pattern
- Keep track of this project by adding it to your Ravelry Queue
- Sharing is Caring: Pin this post for later
Crochet Zebra Lovey. Pin it for later!
Crochet Zebra Lovey Pattern
Skill level: Advanced beginner
Final measurements: The Crochet Donkey Lovey is 12 inches long
- Fingering weight yarn in light grey, dark grey and off-white
- Darning needle
- 2.5mm and 3mm crochet hook
- Toy stuffing
Stitches and terms used:
- Ch= chain
- Sl st= slip stitch
- Sc= single crochet
- Dc= double crochet
- Rpt = repeat
- St(s)= stitch(es)
- Sp(s)= space(s)
- Inc= increase: 2 sc in the same space
- Dec= decrease: single crochet two together
Yarn alternatives: Any superfine (fingering, baby or sock weight) yarn, #1 or 4 ply yarn
- Read through the pattern before starting your work just to be sure you don’t have any questions that might cause frustration while working on the project.
- This pattern is written in US crochet terms.
Use this pattern and a 2.5mm crochet hook for the head.
Rnd 1- 11: Use dark grey yarn
Rnd 12-33: Use off-white and dark grey yarn
2. Ears (make 2)
Use this pattern and a 2.5 mm crochet hook for the ears.
Rnd 1-4: Use dark grey yarn
Rnd 5-9: Use off-white yarn
Use this pattern, light grey yarn and 2.5 mm crochet hook for the mane. Once complete, attach all the pieces as shown in the same pattern.
Use this pattern, dark grey and off-white yarn and 2.5 mm crochet hook for the forelegs.
Rnd 1-5: Use dark grey yarn
Rnd 6-25: Use off-white and dark grey yarn
The body is made using the solid granny square pattern and a 3mm crochet hook
Rnd 1-16: Alternate between dark grey and off-white yarn
Rnd 17: In ark grey yarn, sc in each st across working (sc, ch 2, sc) in each of the 4 corner spaces. Fasten off yarn.
At this point, your granny square should measure around 11.5 inches. Attach the head to the body. You will do this by sewing the bottom section of the head around the first row of your granny square and the forelegs to the sides.
Once that is done, embroider the eyes and nose on the head. Now you have a lovely Crochet Zebra Lovey.