The Dew Drop Square is a free Tunisian crochet square pattern inspired by the Dew Drop Pouch. It features a honeycomb hexagon in the middle with a striped contrasting background for a geometric design.
Charity Fall Cozy MAL 2022
The Dew Drop Square is my third square designed especially for the 2022 Charity Fall Cozy MAL organized by Noorian of Noor’s Knits and Hortense of Knitting With Chopsticks. The event will run from October 3rd- 28th, 2022 and a portion of proceeds from the bundle sales will be donated to Cure Childhood Cancer.
Every weekday a new 8 inch square Fall-themed FREE knit, crochet AND Tunisian crochet square (the trifecta) by a different designer will be shared. Completed squares and blankets can be donated to a charity from the list provided.
The Cozy Fall Tunisian Crochet Pattern Bundle contains all 20 Tunisian crochet blanket square patterns of the MAL. 30% of every bundle purchase will be donated to the charity.
If you prefer regular crochet then you can also grab the Cozy Fall Crochet Blanket Square bundle or as a knitter, the Cozy Fall Knit Pattern Bundle. OR even save extra by grabbing the MAL Trifecta (20 knit, 20 crochet and 20 Tunisian crochet blanket square patterns) Bundle.
About this Tunisian Crochet Square
Keeping to the theme of Fall, as we’ve done with the Adoyo Afghan Block and the Pumpkin Spice Square, this modern geometric design is inspired by the honeycomb pattern. It features a palette of soft autumn hues in muted shades.
Dew Drop Tunisian Crochet Square
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- 7 mm Tunisian crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn in the colours:
- Grey (A)- 20 yards
- Cream (B)- 20 yards
- Mustard(C)- 30 yards
- Blocking board & pins
- Darning needle
Stitches and terms used:
- Ch= chain
- St(s)= stitch(es)
- Tss= Tunisian simple stitch
- Tps= Tunisian purl stitch
- Rpt= repeat
- “= inches
- Lts= last Tunisian stitch: Insert your hook under both loops of the last st on the forward pass and complete as for Tss
- RetP= return pass: Ch 1, (yarn over, pull through 2 loops) repeat across
Gauge: 6 sts & 6 rows in tss = 2” x 2”
Size: Using the materials and instructions, final measurements of the Dew Drop Square is 8” by 8” after blocking
Yarn alternatives: Any worsted weight, size #4, 10 ply weight yarn
- Read through the pattern before starting your work just to be sure you don’t have any questions that might cause frustration while working on the project.
- This is a Tunisian crochet pattern.
- Repeating sections within the rounds are shown in round () brackets followed by the number of times they are repeated e.g. (TssC, TpsC) 6 times means the sequence in the brackets must be repeated a total of 6 times using yarn in colour C.
- Stitch totals are not indicated. This is because the piece is a square thus the stitch total stays the same.
- Colour changes are either worked in the middle of your work or at the end of the RetP.
- If in the middle, once you have one loop left of the old colour, continue the RetP in the new colour as shown below
- If at the end of the RetP, join in the new colour in the last 2 loops of the final stitch as shown below
- The chart attached below is for colour & pattern reference.
- You can choose to either work with a straight or a corded Tunisian hook. Both work fine for this pattern.
Row 1: With A and 7 mm Tunisian crochet hook, ch 24. Pull up a loop in the back bump of the 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across the row, RetP
Row 2: (TssA) 22 times, LtsA. RetP
Row 3-4: (TssB) 22 times, LtsB. RetP
Row 5-6: (TssA) 22 times, LtsA. RetP
Row 7: (TssB) 7 times, (TpsC, TssC) 4 times, TpsC, (TssB) 6 times, LtsB. RetP
Row 8: (TssB) 6 times, (TpsC, TssC) 5 times, TpsC, (TssB) 5 times, LtsB. RetP
Row 9: (TssA) 5 times, (TpsC, TssC) 6 times, TpsC, (TssA) 4 times, LtsA. RetP
Row 10: (TssA) 4 times, (TpsC, TssC) 7 times, TpsC, (TssA) 3 times, LtsA. RetP
Row 11: (TssB) 3 times, (TpsC, TssC) 8 times, TpsC, (TssB) 2 times, LtsB. RetP
Row 12: (TssB) 2 times, (TpsC, TssC) 9 times, TpsC, TssB, LtsB. RetP
Get the Dew Drop Tunisian Crochet Square
Pattern: continue scrolling for more of the FREE version of this crochet pattern or purchase the ad-free PDF
Keep track of this project by adding it to your Ravelry Queue
Sharing is Caring: Pin this post for later
Row 13: (TssA) 2 times, (TssC, TpsC) 9 times, TssC, TssA, LtsA. RetP
Row 14: (TssA) 3 times, (TssC, TpsC) 8 times, TssC, (TssA) 2 times, LtsA. RetP
Row 15: (TssB) 4 times, (TssC, TpsC) 7 times, TssC, (TssB) 3 times, LtsB. RetP
Row 16: (TssB) 5 times, (TssC, TpsC) 6 times, TssC, (TssB) 4 times, LtsB. RetP
Row 17: (TssA) 6 times, (TssC, TpsC) 5 times, TssC, (TssA) 5 times, LtsA. RetP
Row 18: (TssA) 7 times, (TssC, TpsC) 4 times, TssC, (TssA) 6 times, (LtsA. RetP)
Row 19-20: (TssB) 22 times, (LtsB. RetP)
Row 21-22: (TssA) 22 times, (LtsA. RetP)
Row 23-24: (TssB) 22 times, (LtsB. RetP)
Row 25: Bind using sl sts. Fasten off and weave in your ends.
I really hope you enjoyed this pattern! I can’t wait to see the squares you work up so please don’t forget to tag @morines_shop on Instagram
If you have any questions about this pattern, you can send me a message at [email protected]